Yetter Coleman is a litigation boutique built to handle high-stakes business and technology litigation from investigating claims and filing suit through final resolution on appeal. Founded in 1997 in Houston, Texas by Paul Yetter, a former partner with Baker Botts, the firm grew steadily. Ten years after opening our doors, we further extended our commitment to our clients when Greg Coleman joined us in 2007 and brought with him an outstanding group of appellate lawyers. The resulting combination of our first-tier trial and appellate talent allowed us to offer our clients a unique, integrated team approach from which the best strategic decisions could be developed for every stage of litigation.
In 2010, we announced our name change to Yetter Coleman LLP to reflect the synergy of our trial and appellate practices, and we embarked upon a new era for the firm. Tragically, in November of the same year, Greg died in a plane crash, leaving behind family, friends, and colleagues who will forever remember his graciousness, humility, and charity, along with his sincere dedication to his clients. Our firm spirit remains strong and our resolve to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support endures.
Today and Beyond
In 2016 we welcomed Tim McConn, a highly-regarded commercial trial lawyer whose practice focuses on representing clients as plaintiffs and defendants principally in the upstream and midstream sectors of the oil and gas industry. In 2011, Reagan Simpson, joined the firm as a partner and head of our appellate practice. Highly regarded for his appellate and trial acumen, Reagan adds a depth of experience and skill that complements our appellate team. Charlie Parker also joined the firm as a partner in 2011, bringing nearly 40 years of trial experience and skill in commercial, securities, and corporate white-collar defense litigation.
We are proud that our work on behalf of clients has developed our solid reputation as one of America’s best litigation-only firms, including:
- In 2017, the firm was recognized in The National Law Journal's Pro Bono Hot List for its work fighting for Texas foster care reform.
- In 2016, Paul Yetter was honored by the Texas Lawyer as its “Attorney of the Year.” The award recognizes lawyers or judges whose work made a distinct impact on the law and legal profession in Texas. Paul was nominated for his tireless work leading the fight and obtaining a landmark ruling in M.D. v. Abbott, the Texas Foster Care reform case that he and an amazing group of firm, nonprofit and other private lawyers have pursued for more than a decade.
- In 2016, Charlie Parker was honored by The Texas Lawbook as one of 50 "Lions of the Texas Bar," a group of legendary business lawyers aged 65 and older who have made significant contributions to the legal profession or society.
- In 2016, Collin Cox became the youngest trial lawyer in Texas to receive a band ranking from Chambers USA in General Commercial Litigation.
- In 2015 and 2012, the firm was included in The National Law Journal’s Litigation Boutiques Hot List, which recognizes ten firms in the United States that represent clients in the courtroom for bet-the-company cases.
- In 2013, the firm was named the Midsize General Litigation Department of the Year by the Texas Lawyer.
- In 2010, the firm was among 20 firms selected by the National Law Journal for inclusion on its Appellate Hot List of top appellate firms in the country.
- In its two nationwide surveys of litigation boutiques, conducted in 2005 and again in 2009, The American Lawyer recognized the results that our clients have achieved by naming our firm among the top Litigation Boutiques of the Year both times.
- Yetter Coleman again received national recognition for its appellate, energy litigation, and intellectual property litigation practices in the 2018 “Best Law Firms” ranking issued by U.S. News – Best Lawyers®.
- Our lawyers are recognized in the 2017 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, the 2018 Best Lawyers in America® Guide, and in Thomson Reuters’ 2017 Super Lawyers for various areas of commercial litigation. The firm also has a number of lawyers recognized as 2017 “Texas Rising Stars” by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers in appellate and business litigation.
As a firm, we are proud to work with clients that choose us for our dedication to understanding and achieving their business goals. Similarly, we are also proud to attract some of the brightest lawyers. Practicing in state and federal courts across the country, they provide the highest-caliber representation for plaintiffs and defendants in a broad spectrum of litigation, with particular focus on contract and business torts, appellate, intellectual property, and antitrust and securities litigation for clients involved in the energy, technology and finance industries.
We are excited to build our practice and support our great clients, as well as to nurture strong ties within our communities and our profession.