Stephani’s practice is focused on complex commercial litigation. She assists in representing plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts and arbitrations.
- American Airlines v. Sabre, Inc., Travelport Ltd., and Orbitz Worldwide Inc. Assisted with representation of the airline in a $1 billion antitrust lawsuit against the largest U.S. global distribution systems arising from the GDSs’ efforts to stop American from using competitive ticket distribution technology, including by organizing an industry boycott against American. In 2012, after three weeks of trial to a Texas state court jury, the firm secured a substantial settlement of American’s state antitrust claims against Sabre, including a renewed multi-year distribution agreement for American’s flights, negotiation for future technology services, and a confidential monetary payment. In 2013, the firm also secured a favorable settlement in federal court of American’s federal claims against Travelport and Orbitz, including a renewed distribution agreement and a confidential monetary payment.
- Confidential Client Assisted in pre-suit investigation involving offshore drilling equipment failure by conducting detailed fact investigation and assessing its potential liability.
- Confidential Client Assisted in representing a sports media and marketing company that runs high school sporting events on behalf of national sponsors in connection with a contract dispute involving exclusive production of an annual football event. After a three-week trial in Houston, the jury returned a verdict vindicating our client and finding no liability on any count.
Education & Professional Background
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Houston - Clear Lake, M.A. magna cum laude, 2004
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi, B.A., summa cum laude, 2002
- Admitted to practice: Texas, 2011; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2011