Cody T. Rutowski
Cody’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and appeals. He graduated from Harvard Law School where he served as an Executive Editor for the Harvard Law Review.
Before joining the firm, Cody clerked with the Honorable Ed E. Carnes of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and with the Honorable W. Keith Watkins of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
Cody is admitted to practice in Texas and Alabama and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate Practice Section, Federal Practice Section, Judicial Polls Committee, 2020-2021)
- The Federalist Society, Houston Lawyers Chapter
- Houston Young Lawyer's Association
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2017 (Executive Editor, 2016-2017, Harvard Law Review)
- Auburn University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2014 (University Honors Scholar; President, Auburn University Honors Congress)
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Ed E. Carnes, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2018-2019
- Law Clerk to the Hon. W. Keith Watkins, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, 2017-2018
- Admitted to practice: Alabama, 2017, Texas, 2020, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2020