Yetter Coleman LLP is a single-office, single-mission trial and appellate boutique that focuses exclusively on high-stakes business and technology litigation for plaintiffs and defendants, primarily in the energy, technology, and financial services industries. Our core practices are contract/business torts, antitrust/securities, and intellectual property litigation. We represent clients in venues across the country with a deep bench of experienced trial and appellate lawyers whose greatest strength is in courtroom presentation of evidence and argument to judges and juries.
Founded in 1997 in Houston, Texas by Paul Yetter, a former partner with Baker Botts, the firm grew steadily. Ten years after opening our doors, we further extended our commitment to our clients when Greg Coleman joined us in 2007 and brought with him an outstanding group of appellate lawyers. The resulting combination of our first-tier trial and appellate talent allowed us to offer our clients a unique, integrated team approach from which the best strategic decisions could be developed for every stage of litigation.
In 2010, we announced our name change to Yetter Coleman LLP to reflect the synergy of our trial and appellate practices, and we embarked upon a new era for the firm. Tragically, in November of the same year, Greg died in a plane crash, leaving behind family, friends, and colleagues who will forever remember his graciousness, humility, and charity, along with his sincere dedication to his clients. Reagan Simpson joined the firm in 2011 as partner and head of the firm's appellate practice. A decade later, Connie Pfeiffer joined the firm in 2020 as a partner to lead the next generation of the firm's appellate team.
Awards & Recognition
We are proud that our work on behalf of clients has developed our solid reputation as one of America’s best litigation-only firms, including:
- In 2020, Reagan Simpson was honored by the Texas Bar Foundation with the Gregory S. Coleman Outstanding Appellate Lawyer Award and by the Texas Center for Legal Ethics with the Chief Justice Jack Pope Professionalism Award in recognition of his commitment to excellence, mentorship, and professionalism in the legal profession.
- In 2020, Dori Kornfeld Goldman was honored with the Joseph D. Jamail Award For Justice Award by the Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA) in recognition of her lasting work in connection with Texas foster care reform.
- In 2019, 2009, and 2005, Yetter Coleman was honored by the American Lawyer as among its select list of National Boutique Litigation Firm of the Year.
- In 2019, Paul Yetter was honored for his work to reform Texas foster care with the Karen H. Susman Jurisprudence Award by the Anti-Defamation League.
- In 2018, Yetter Coleman was one of 12 firms recognized in The National Law Journal's Elite Trial Lawyers Awards which recognized exemplary successes and cutting-edge work on behalf of plaintiffs by top firms across the U.S.
- In 2017, the firm was recognized in The National Law Journal's Pro Bono Hot List for its work fighting for Texas foster care reform.
- In 2016, Paul Yetter was honored by the Texas Lawyer as its “Attorney of the Year.” The award recognizes lawyers or judges whose work made a distinct impact on the law and legal profession in Texas. Paul was nominated for his tireless work leading the fight and obtaining a landmark ruling in M.D. v. Abbott, the Texas Foster Care reform case that he and a group of firm, nonprofit, and other private lawyers have pursued for more than a decade.
- In 2016, Charlie Parker was honored by The Texas Lawbook as one of 50 "Lions of the Texas Bar," a group of legendary business lawyers aged 65 and older who have made significant contributions to the legal profession or society.
- In 2016, Collin Cox is the youngest trial lawyer in Texas to receive a band ranking from Chambers USA in General Commercial Litigation.
- In 2015 and 2012, the firm was included in The National Law Journal’s Litigation Boutiques Hot List, which recognizes ten firms in the United States that represent clients in the courtroom for bet-the-company cases.
- In 2013, the firm was named the Midsize General Litigation Department of the Year by the Texas Lawyer.
- In 2010, the firm was among 20 firms selected by the National Law Journal for inclusion on its Appellate Hot List of top appellate firms in the country.
- Yetter Coleman again received national recognition for its appellate, commercial, energy, First Amendment, IP litigation practices in the 2021 “Best Law Firms” ranking issued by U.S. News-Best Lawyers.
- Our lawyers are recognized in 2021 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2021 Best Lawyers in America Guide including the inaugural "Ones to Watch" list, and in Thomson Reuters’ 2020 Super Lawyers and 2020 “Texas Rising Stars” in various commercial litigation practice areas.