Ayla S. SyedAssociate
Ayla has experience in all stages of litigation, including pre-trial discovery to appeal, and her practice is focused on complex commercial litigation. She has represented clients in matters involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation, corporate fraud, legal malpractice, securities fraud, violations of state and federal false claims statutes, and breach of contract.
She graduated from the University of Chicago Law School with honors and clerked for the Hon. LaShann DeArcy Hall, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Ayla maintains an active pro bono practice, with experience assisting clients with immigration, criminal, and civil rights claims. She represented a family through their asylum applications, first-chairing the trial, and securing full asylum for her clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Ayla practiced with Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C.Read More
- Represented corporate conglomerate, Fortune 500 company in prosecuting trade secret misappropriation claim
- Represented pharmaceutical company in 4-week, class action jury trial in federal district court, helping secure defense verdict on all counts
- Represented healthcare technology companies in defending against products liability claims at both the trial and appellate stages
- Represented corporate clients during state and federal investigations
- Represented law and accounting firms in defending against malpractice claims
- Represented significant government contractor in the aerospace and defense industry in civil FCA qui tam litigation