Justin S. RowinskyAssociate
Justin’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with a broad range of experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts around the country in contract disputes, oil and gas litigation, antitrust disputes, employment disputes, tort claims, trade secrets, product liability litigation, and U.S. sanctions compliance.
He has taken and defended numerous depositions, presented and cross-examined witnesses at trial, delivered opening statements at trial, argued several dispositive motions, and managed complex document review projects.
Justin maintains an active pro bono practice, with experience assisting clients with employment discrimination and civil rights claims. Recently, Justin has volunteered with the Houston Volunteer Lawyers’ Eviction Defense Attorney Program (“EDAP”) to represent tenants facing eviction. He also has served as part of the defense team for a client charged with first-degree murder.
Justin is recognized as “One to Watch” in commercial litigation by Best Lawyers in America. He clerked with the Hon. J. Frederick Motz in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Prior to joining the firm, Justin practiced with AZA in Houston and Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C.Read More
- Represented an oil services company in state court regarding a commercial dispute regarding interpretation of a purchase and sale contract. Successfully achieved dismissal of multiple claims on summary judgment prior to favorable resolution.
- Represented a structured settlement funding company and successfully obtained favorable declaratory judgments, attorney’s fees, and defeated fraudulent-transfer and veil-piercing claims.
- Represented a midstream company in a private arbitration regarding a contractual dispute arising out of Winter Storm Uri.
- Represented former officers and directors in multiple disputes brought by federal agencies and achieved successful resolution of each.
Presentations & Publications
- “Weather Events and Providing Power: A Look at the Effects of Winter Storms Uri and Elliott and Proposed Responses to Protect Electrical Grids,” Institute for Energy Law’s (IEL) 14th Appalachia Energy Law Conference CLE Presentation, September 7, 2023 (panelist)