Audrey’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and tort matters in a wide variety of contexts, but most extensively in the oil and gas industry. Audrey began her litigation career at Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP (now Norton Rose Fulbright), and joins the firm after managing litigation inhouse at Exxon Mobil Corporation. Clients have described Audrey as tenacious and competitive. She strives to aggressively but efficiently resolve complicated legal issues.
- Obtained dismissal of federal securities class action.
- Favorably settled mass tort action against refinery by thousands of plaintiffs.
- Managed Civil Investigative Demand from Department of Justice regarding alleged bad faith royalty payments.
- Favorably settled substantial, complicated, take-or-pay dispute with a major pipeline company.
- Settled royalty class action for a fraction of the named plaintiffs’ claims.
- Obtained settlement of more than double direct damages for refinery against electric utility following power outages.
- Prevailed in bench trial on claim that a lease had terminated for failure to produce in paying quantities.
- Obtained summary judgment of no liability in challenging venue in significant personal injury lawsuit.
- Struck multimillion damage model in claim for failure to pay royalty on the market value of carbon dioxide.
- Multiple disputes with royalty owners and working interest owners involving leases, joint operating agreements, and title issues.
- Pro bono referral attorney for the Tahirih Justice Center and Human Rights First
- “Intersection of Indemnity and Insurance: How to Redeem Contractual Risk Management,” Page Keeton Litigation Conference, October 2011 (co-presenter)
- “Forum Selection Clauses: Another Facet of the Freedom of Contract Phenomenon,” The Advocate, March 2007
- “The Energy Policy Act: Analysis of the Jurisdictional Basis for Federal Siting of LNG Facilities,” Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law, September 2006
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2005 (Member, 2003-2005, International Law Journal; Legal Research Board.)
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., English, with high honors, 2001
- Admitted to Practice: Texas, 2005