Justin S. Rowinsky
Justin’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with a broad range of experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts around the country in contract disputes, employment disputes, tort claims, trade secrets, oil and gas litigation, product liability, and U.S. sanctions compliance. He has taken and defended numerous depositions, delivered opening statements at trial, argued several dispositive motions, and managed complex document review projects.
Justin maintains an active pro bono practice, with experience assisting clients with employment discrimination and civil rights claims. He also has served as part of the defense team for a client charged with first-degree murder.
Justin is recognized as “One to Watch” in commercial litigation by Best Lawyers in America. He clerked with the Hon. J. Frederick Motz in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Prior to joining the firm, Justin practiced with AZA in Houston and Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, D.C.
- "One to Watch" in Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2022
- Board Member: American Constitution Society, Houston Chapter
- Member: Institute for Energy Law Advisory Board
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014 (Order of the Coif, Dean’s List 2011-2014; Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal, 2013-2014)
- Boston College, B.S. Biology, cum laude, 2009 (Biology Honors Program, Dean’s List: First Honors)
- Law Clerk to the Hon. J. Frederick Motz, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2014-2015
- Admitted to practice: Massachusetts, 2014; Texas, 2018