Tyler P. Young
Tyler’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation with particular emphasis on antitrust and white-collar litigation. With extensive experience defending clients in civil litigation, including managing expert discovery, taking and defending depositions, briefing Daubert and dispositive motions, and stand-up trial experience, Tyler has represented clients in an array of industries, including financial services, technology, oil & gas, packaged food, advertising, and manufacturing.
Tyler’s antitrust practice includes experience representing clients and senior executives in investigations by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice in cases involving allegations of price-fixing, bid-rigging, and obstruction of justice. In his white-collar practice, Tyler represented clients and their senior executives in various state, federal, and regulatory proceedings, including investigations by the Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Tyler also has extensive experience conducting confidential investigations on behalf of large corporations, including leading technology companies, and defending clients and their executives who have been charged with federal crimes both in plea negotiations and at trial.
Tyler has an active pro bono practice with particular interest in representing prisoners and arrestees in civil rights litigation. He recently represented a class of arrestees in San Francisco in a matter that resulted in the federal order invalidating the San Francisco bail schedule for discriminating against the poor.
Tyler clerked with the Hon. Edith Hollan Jones in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in Houston, Texas, and with the Hon. David G. Campbell in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. Prior to joining the firm, Tyler practiced with Latham & Watkins in San Francisco.
*Tyler is not yet admitted to practice in Texas.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2012 (Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, Journal of Law and Politics)
- Brigham Young University, B.A. Political Science, magna cum laude, 2009 (Valedictorian, Dept. of Political Science)
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Edith Hollan Jones, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2013-2014
- Law Clerk to the Hon. David G. Campbell, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2012-2013
- *Not yet admitted to practice in Texas
- Admitted to practice: California, 2014