Ali Shan Ali Bhai
Ali Shan’s practice focuses on commercial litigation. He graduated cum laude from Duke University School of Law in 2020 where he served as the Executive Editor for the Duke Law Journal and received recognition as the Champion and Top Oral Advocate in the Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court Competition.
Before entering private practice, Ali Shan served as a law clerk to the Hon. J. Campbell Barker of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Ali Shan is fluent in Hindi and Urdu.
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston (Community Service & Pro Bono Committee, 2022-present)
“A Border Deferred: Safeguards Against Immigration National Security Deference After Trump v. Hawaii,” 69 DUKE L.J. 1149, 2020 (Note)
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2020, cum laude (Executive Editor, 2019-2020, Duke Law Journal. Moot Court Board, Mock Trial Board)
- The University of Texas, B.A., Plan II Honors & Government, 2017
- Law Clerk to the Hon. J. Campbell Barker, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2020-2021
- Admitted to Practice: Texas, 2020; U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2021