Emma W. Perry
Emma’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with a growing emphasis on representing clients in oil and gas and technology disputes. Emma has experience in all stages of litigation, including requests for preliminary injunctive relief, fact and expert depositions, dispositive motions, and trial.
Emma was selected to the Institute for Energy Law's Fourth Leadership Class for 2021-2022. She is recognized as "One to Watch" in Commercial Litigation and Energy Law" by Best Lawyers in America. Prior to joining the firm, Emma clerked with the Honorable Edith Hollan Jones of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Parallax v. Cheniere (Harris County). Part of a trial team that secured a dismissal with prejudice of all claims against our client, Charif Souki, on the eve of trial.
- Spencer v. Wilson (S.D. Tex.). Secured dismissal of all claims against our clients, the Houston SPCA and its employee.
- Innovative Block of South Texas v. Valley Builders Supply. Represented Innovative Block on appeal to the Texas Supreme Court, which rendered a take-nothing judgment in favor of our client.
- ETC v. Colgate Energy (Harris County). Successfully represented ETC in a suit seeking to enforce its dedication rights. Secured a confidential settlement.
- "One to Watch" in Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022; Energy Law, 2022, Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2022
- Member: Institute for Energy Law Fourth Leadership Class, 2021-2022
- Member: Institute for Energy Law Advisory Board
- Member: Women's Energy Network, Houston Chapter
- Member: Houston Bar Association (Lawyers for a Beautiful Houston Committee, 2020-2022; Law Library Committee, 2021-2022 )
- “Royalty Litigation Update,” Houston Bar Association Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section CLE, May 27, 2021 (co-presenter)
- “No Room for the Poor – The Blight of Eminent Domain on America’s Lowest Economic Classes,” 94 Texas Law Review See Also 155, 2016
- “Why a Proximity-Induced Diels–Alder Reaction Is So Fast,”
Organic Letters 14 (12), 3016-3019, 2012
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with high honors, 2016 (Chancellors, 2016; Managing Online Content Editor, Volume 94, 2015-2016, Texas Law Review; Articles Editor, 2014-2015, Texas Review of Law & Politics)
- Baylor University, B.A., University Scholar with honors, concentration in Chemistry, summa cum laude, 2012 (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Edith Hollan Jones, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017-2018
- Admitted to practice: Texas, 2016; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017; U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2017; U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2018; U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2018; U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2019