Heaven’s practice is focused on high-stakes commercial litigation and appeals, with particular emphasis representing clients in the energy, financial services, and health care industries. She has handled every stage of dispute, from the drafting of the original complaint through the appeal’s final disposition upon the denial of certiorari by the United States Supreme Court. She has successfully represented clients in disputes involving maritime, antitrust, intellectual property, and whistleblower laws.
Heaven is recognized in commercial litigation as "One to Watch" by Best Lawyers in America and as a "Texas Rising Star" by Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers. She clerked with the Honorable George C. Hanks, Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced with Foley & Lardner LLP and Hogan Lovells US LLP in Houston.
- GHP Nail Systems, LLC v. Benelux Cosmetics B.V. Part of the trial team that obtained a $2.7 million jury verdict on counterclaims while defending Benelux, a Netherlands-based cosmetic distributor in a trial involving poor-quality gel nail polish manufactured by the plaintiff. We were hired four months before a three-week trial, after discovery and expert selection. We prevailed on all counterclaims and successfully defeated seven claims by GHP. The final award for our client included actual damages, penalty damages, and attorney fees.
- "Texas Rising Star" in Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers, 2021
- "Ones to Watch" in Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2022
- The Federal Lawyer Editorial Board, 2019 - 2021
- The Houston Lawyer Editorial Board, 2014-2017
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston (Community Service & Pro Bono Committee Co-Chair, 2018-2019; Secretary, 2017-2018; Nominations Committee Co-Chair, 2016-2017; Gala Committee Co-Chair, 2015-2016)
- Houston Bar Association (Minority Opportunities in the Legal Profession Committee, 2014-2015)
- Board Member: Developments in Literacy USA
- Texas Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Federal Bar Association, Southern District of Texas
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Court
- "Redress, Reparations, & Reconciliation in the Black Community: The Role AAPIs Play in Allyship," NAPABA Convention, November 2020 (moderator)
- "Lifting the Blindfold of Injustice," OCA Greater Houston Film Festival Panel Discussion, June 2020 (panelist)
- "Contract Performance During Pandemic: Lessons From 1918," Law360, April 17, 2020 (co-author)
- "Practicum: Mock Appellate Argument: Compelling Arbitration under U.S. Law," International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Symposium, Washington University School of Law, February 2020 (co-presenter)
- “Lack of Materiality Evidence ‘Zaps’ Mammoth FCA Jury Awards: 5 Lessons,” BNA’s Health Law Reporter, March 2018 (author)
- “Legal Trends: Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” The Houston Lawyer, November/December 2015 (author)
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2013 (Dean’s Scholarship recipient; Editorial Board, 2011-2013, The Virginia Journal of Social Policy & The Law)
- Rice University, B.A., Philosophy, cum laude, 2010
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon. George C. Hanks, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2013-2014
- Admitted to practice: Texas, 2013; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2014; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2016; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2019